Iraqi Dolma: Swiss chard, tomatoes, zucchini and Green pepper.
You can cook Iraqi Dolma: Swiss chard, tomatoes, zucchini and Green pepper using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Iraqi Dolma: Swiss chard, tomatoes, zucchini and Green pepper
- Prepare 1/2 kg of zucchinis.
- You need 1/2 kg of small eggplants.
- Prepare 750 g of swiss chard.
- You need 4 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of green peppers.
- It's 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- You need of Stuffing.
- You need 2 cups of rice, washed, soaked in water for 15 minutes and drained.
- You need 400 g of ground meat.
- Prepare 2 of onions, finely chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 of parsley.
- You need 1 of tomato, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need of pepper to taste.
- It's of black pepper to taste.
- Prepare of salt to taste.
- You need of lime juice.
Iraqi Dolma: Swiss chard, tomatoes, zucchini and Green pepper step by step
- Separate the stem of the Swiss chard from the leaves, then chop the stems..
- In a saucepan, put the vegetable oil and top with the chopped Swiss chard stems..
- To prepare the stuffing: dry the rice with a towel, place it in a bowl and add in all the stuffing ingredients. Mix, then leave aside for the rice to absorb the sauce from the other ingredients..
- Dip the Swiss chard leaves into boiling water and leave until slightly tender then take out..
- Pierce and empty the insides of the zucchinis, eggplants, tomatoes and green peppers..
- Put some stuffing on a Swiss chard leaf and roll it. Repeat for the remaining leaves. Fill up the pierced zucchinis, eggplants, tomatoes and green peppers with the stuffing , make sure to fill only 3/4 of each vegetable piece..
- In the saucepan that has the Swiss chard stems, place the stuffed vegetables in layers on top of each other. Start with the green peppers, then the eggplants, followed by the zucchinis, the tomatoes and finally the stuffed Swiss chard leaves..
- Add lime juice first then enough water to reach up to half the height of the layers. Cook for around an hour for the water to dry out..
- Place a flat serving tray, face down, over the pot. Turn the pot upside down carefully, and serve..