Guinea Hen with Greens and Spaghetti Squash.
You can have Guinea Hen with Greens and Spaghetti Squash using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Guinea Hen with Greens and Spaghetti Squash
- Prepare 1 each of Guinea hen breast.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of French Picnic sea salt.
- You need 1 small of spaghetti squash.
- It's 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- It's 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- It's 3 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- You need 1 small of onion, sliced thinly.
- You need 2 each of garlic cloves, sliced thinly, or minced.
- You need 8 oz of chard, washed and chopped small.
- It's 1 of Water, as needed.
- It's 2 tbsp of butter.
Guinea Hen with Greens and Spaghetti Squash instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Season the guinea hen breast on all sides with French Picnic salt. Place in a rimmed baking or roasting pan. Set aside at room temperature..
- Using a large chef’s knife, cut the spaghetti squash in half from the stem end to the blossom end. Scoop out the seeds with a large metal serving spoon. Season generously with salt and black pepper, and brush cut side with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place cut side down on a heavy baking or roasting pan. Poke a few small holes in the squash skin..
- Place both the guinea hen and squash pans in the oven at the same time. Guinea hen should be placed in the bottom of the oven, and squash on the top. Cook for 25 minutes, and then reduce heat to 300o F. Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, or un- til squash skin gives to the touch, and the guinea hen is fully cooked, and firm to the touch..
- While the squash and hen are roasting, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to the pan, then add onions, and cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes more, then add the greens. Cook for 5-6 more minutes, or until the greens are fully wilted. Remove from the heat..
- Once the squash is cooked, remove from oven, and allow to cool slightly. Scrape out the strands of squash with a fork. Rewarm pan over medium heat, and add squash. Stir well to combine and heat through. If there is no liquid in the bottom of the pan, add 2-3 ounces of water. Melt in the butter, while stirring to combine. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper..
- Plate each person a guinea hen breast and a hearty serving of greens and spaghetti squash. Enjoy!.