Cauliflower Steak with Chimichurri Sauce. These Roasted Cauliflower Steaks are perfectly baked in the oven and loaded with the most flavorful chimichurri sauce! It's best to go ahead and make the chimichurri sauce to begin with (maybe even an hour or so in advance) for it to really let the flavors meld together. Read: They're a quick and easy vegetarian alternative for Thanksgiving.
Who knew cauliflower could taste so good - this recipe is downright addicting! Make the chimichurri sauce while the cauliflower is roasting. In a mini food processor puree the olive oil, parsley, garlic, onions, vinegar, salt and pepper, oregano, and red pepper flakes. You can have Cauliflower Steak with Chimichurri Sauce using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- Prepare 1 of full cauliflower.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric (optional).
- Prepare As required of Chimichurri Sauce.
- It's 1 cup of firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, trimmed of thick stems.
- You need 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 teaspoons or 2 tbsp of dried oregano or fresh oregano leaves.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's 2 tablespoons of red or white wine vinegar.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of red chilli flakes.
Serve the chimichurri on the side and let whomever is interested drizzle some on their cauliflower. Slice the cauliflower or chop into florets. Blend the chimichurri sauce with a few tbsp of water and set aside. Line a baking dish with parchment.
Cauliflower Steak with Chimichurri Sauce instructions
- Stir in the olive oil, vinegar, salt, oregano, pepper, and red chilli flakes in a bowl.Add chopped parsley and garlic. Adjust seasonings..
- To prepare Cauliflower Steak, remove the outer green leaves from the head of cauliflower and trim the stem. Using a large knife cut the cauliflower in half lengthwise through the centre..
- Cut a 1- 1/2 inch thick steak from each half of the cauliflower. If the head is large, carefully cut one more steak from each of the cut sides.Repeat process with the other head of cauliflower. Trim any florets not connected to the stem..
- Place cauliflower steaks on a rimmed baking sheet.Drizzle olive oil on both sides of each cauliflower steak.Evenly sprinkle the seasonings on both sides of the cauliflower steaks..
- Preheat oven to 260 C.Bake the cauliflower steaks at 180 C for 10 minutes. Gently flip the cauliflower steak and roast until a golden-brown crust forms on both sides, about 6 to 8 minutes..
- Transfer cauliflower steaks to a serving platter and garnish with chimichurri sauce..
Best steak for Chimichurri Sauce - in South America, cuts such as flank, flat iron and skirt are popular for serving with Chimchurri Sauce because they have really great beefy flavour that pairs so well with this fresh, zingy sauce. However, Chimichurri will pair beautifully with ANY steak! For chimichurri sauce: Add parsley, cilantro, mint, olive oil, lemon, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Serve cauliflower steaks drizzled with chimichurri sauce. Cauliflower steaks are perfect for both those purposes and provide a dish that gets everyone involved.