Sauted garbanzos w/ swisschard. We like to put Swiss chard on the table as the meal's vegetable because, like other Chopped shallots and salty, richly flavored pancetta add intrigue to hearty sautéed Wash the chard leaves and stems well in a large sink of cold water. Lift the chard out of the. This recipe for Swiss chard with garbanzo beans, onion, and fresh tomato is brightened with lemon juice and makes a perfect vegetarian main dish or a tantalizing side dish for fish or meat.
Low Carb prepared in one pan. Toss in chopped chard and stir, cook until wilted but remaining some crunch and texture. Stir in white beans and warm through. You can cook Sauted garbanzos w/ swisschard using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sauted garbanzos w/ swisschard
- It's 1 can of garbanzos (chickpeas).
- Prepare 1 bunch of swiss chard or rainbow chard.
- You need 1/4 of onion, fine diced.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, large diced.
- It's 10 of grape tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 large of garlic clove, minced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of plain greek yogurt, optional.
Swiss chard is one of my favorite side dish recipes with fresh swiss chard from the farmer's market. Saute with a little garlic Swiss chard, in all its vibrant glory, has been one of my favorite greens since I was a child and my mom would boil it up and toss some. Remove from heat and let stand until ready to serve. Making the Swiss Chard: Garlic, bay leaves and shallots are sauteéd with a little bit of oil.
Sauted garbanzos w/ swisschard step by step
- heat oil in skillet on med high.
- drain and rinse garbanzos, add to oil. saute until golden about 4 mins.
- reduce heat to medium.
- add carrot, onion cumin, salt and pepper saute additional 4 mins..
- add grape tomatoes, cook until they "pop" about 3 mins..
- rinse well and rough chop swiss chard. add to pan.
- as soon as chard wilts slightly, add garlic, cook additional 2 mins..
- add a dollop of plain greek yogurt if you like.
Drain the garbanzos and reserve the oil; discard the bay leaves. Combine the garbanzos and chard in a large skillet. Who are my Swiss Chard lovers? If you love Swiss Chard you will fall head over heels for this Simple Sautéed Swiss Chard Recipe. The Best Vegan Swiss Chard Recipes on Yummly