Chicken Couscous & Greens.
You can cook Chicken Couscous & Greens using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Couscous & Greens
- It's 200 g of skinless chicken thighs.
- It's 50 g of whole wheat couscous(preferably Israeli pearl couscous).
- It's 40 g of onion(chopped).
- It's 2 of garlic cloves(minced).
- Prepare 100 g of baby spinach or green chard.
- It's 200 ml of chicken broth(low sodium).
- It's 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of thyme.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- It's 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
Chicken Couscous & Greens instructions
- Season the chicken thighs with the ground cumin, cinnamon, thyme, pepper and salt..
- Set a non-stick skillet on high heat. Once hot, add ½ tbsp of olive oil and then add the chicken thighs. Sear them on each side for 3 minutes, then set aside. Don't worry if they have not finished cooking..
- Reduce the heat to medium, the add the rest of the olive oil, onion and garlic. Caramelize and brown the onion for 1-2 minutes..
- Add the couscous to the skillet, and mix it around, ensuring the couscous is covered in oil. If desired sprinkle in the smoked paprika now..
- Toast for 1-2 minutes then add the baby spinach(or chopped chard). Cook until the spinach begins to wilt and soften, about 1 minute..
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken thighs back to the skillet and reduce the heat to low-medium. Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until the couscous is plump and most of the liquid has been absorbed. (Note: it should not be soupy, rather saucy.).