Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps. Jump on the pho trend with these healthy lettuce wraps, packed with beef protein and flavors of chile peppers, basil, onions, and Asian chili sauce. To serve, divide shredded meat among lettuce leaves. Top with radishes, basil leaves, green onions, and the remaining jalapeño peppers.
Flank Steak Lettuce Wraps make a fresh and fun summer meal. With ranch marinated flank steak, crisp veggies and a sriracha ranch sauce. Flank steak is also the perfect choice for marinating in some wonderful flavours. You can have Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps
- It's 2 pounds of beef flank steak.
- It's 2 cups of coarsely chopped onions (2 large).
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- It's 1/4 cup of fish sauce.
- It's 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 2 of fresh jalapeno chile peppers finely chopped.
- It's 4 teaspoons of chinese five-spice powder.
- It's 12 of large lettuce leaves, swiss chard or napa cabbage leaves.
- It's 1 cup of shredded radishes.
- You need 3/4 cup of fresh thai basil leaves.
- Prepare 3 of green onions, thinly sliced diagonally.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Prepare of Sriracha sauce (optional).
I marinated my flank steak for these delicious lettuce wraps in ranch. Chicken lettuce wraps are classic, but you will really enjoy putting steak, pork, even vegetables between the delicate lettuce leaves. Chicken lettuce wraps are an adventurous way to introduce new flavors and cuisines to your table of eaters. They're a lot like tacos—handheld and highly.
Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps instructions
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 2 inch pieces. Place meat in a 3&1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker. Top with onions. In a medium bowl combine the water, the fish sauce, sugar, vinegar, the five spice powder, and half of the jalepeno peppers. Pour over mixture in cooker..
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high heat setting for 2&1/2 to 3 hours..
- Remove meat from cooker, reserving cooking liquid. Transfer half of the meat to an air tight container or freezer container; cover and chill or freeze for another use. Shred or chop the remaining meat; transfer to a medium bowl. Strain cooking liquid. Stir enough of the strained liquid (about 1/4 cup) into shredded meat to moisten..
- To serve, divide shredded meat among lettuce leaves. Top with radishes, basil, green onions, and the remaining jalepeno pepper. Drizzle with lime juice. Roll up lettuce leaves. If desired serve with asian chili sauce..
Place the steak in a resealable plastic bag. Marinated Flank Steak Pure Proactive Level One. Also Known As: Beef Flank; Flank Steak Filet; Jiffy Steak; London Broil; Plank Steak. Lean and boneless with lots of intense beef flavor. Try this favorite Chinese recipe wrapped in a tortilla.