Mincemeat pie. Mincemeat pie is a traditional British dessert for Christmastime. We share the history and show you how to make this sweet, flavorful pie to share with your loved ones. Get our best mincemeat pie recipe here.
These cute little Mince Pies, also known as Mincemeat Tarts, are made with a crisp and buttery pie pastry and a really good mincemeat. Christmas without mince pies is unimaginable. Mincemeat pie, also called mince pie, has occupied a prominent place on Britain's holiday table for centuries and that tradition continues today. You can cook Mincemeat pie using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mincemeat pie
- It's of pie filling.
- Prepare 8 oz of chopped cooked meat.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of suet.
- It's 1/2 cup of raisins.
- It's 1/2 cup of dried currants or red currant jelly.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of candied citron.
- It's 1 pints of pared apples.
- It's 1 cup of apple juice or apple cider.
- It's 1 medium of lemon , the juice and zest I used a Meyer lemon.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar, packed.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It's 1 tsp of allspice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of peach pickle juice.
- Prepare of crust.
- Prepare 2 of nine inch pie crust.
Mincemeat, the traditional filling for mince pies, is a spicy preserve comprising a mixture of dried fruit, apple, suet and candied fruit and spices steeped in rum or brandy. Our Mincemeat Pie recipe without meat is filled with Homemade Fruit Mincemeat, making it the perfect introduction to the traditional English Christmas dessert. This version of the traditional British pie leaves out the beef so the fruit can shine, but still includes suet (beef fat) for a rich taste and texture. They brought home a variety of oriental spices.
Mincemeat pie instructions
- Cook the meat till done I cook this in the suet.
- In a saucepan add all ingredients except crust and peach pickle juice.
- Cook slowly for 1 1/4 hours stirring frequently then add peach pickle juice https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/358090-sweet-pickled-peaches.
- Bake the bottom crust 30-35 minutes add filling cover with the other pie crust bake till top crust is done make sure to put steam vent holes in top of crust.
- Mine cooked in oven 6 inches off bottom of oven for 25 minutes.
Country Mince Pie from our Throwback Thanksgiving feature. Country Mince Pie from our Throwback Thanksgiving feature. Vegan mincemeat pies are just as delicious as any mincemeat pie. Perfect for the holiday season, these vegan mincemeat pies are likely to be eaten up quickly. The Mincemeat Pies recipe out of our category Bitesize!