Sweet Potato and Gruyere Turnovers.
You can have Sweet Potato and Gruyere Turnovers using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and Gruyere Turnovers
- Prepare 3 large of onions.
- You need 3 lb of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 4 of bunches Swiss Chard, stems discarded and leaves cut into 1/2-inch strips (about 24 cups).
- It's 1 lb of Gruyere, grated (4 cups).
- It's 2 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves.
- It's 1 of as needed kosher salt and black pepper.
- It's 8 of refrigerated rolled pie crusts, each cut in half (to form 16 half-circles).
- It's 1 large of egg, beaten.
Sweet Potato and Gruyere Turnovers instructions
- In a food processor fitted with the large grating disk, grate the onions; transfer to a bowl. Grate the sweet potatoes and transfer to a second bowl..
- Divide the oil between 2 large pots and heat over medium-high heat. Divide the onions between the pots and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, 8 to 10 minutes. Divide the chard between the pots and cook, stirring until wilted, 5 to 7 minutes..
- Divide the vegetable mixture between two bowls. Dividing evenly between the bowls, fold in the sweet potatoes, Gruyere, and thyme; season each with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoons black pepper. Spread the sweet potato mixture from both bowls onto a rimmed baking sheet and let cool for 10 minutes..
- Dividing evenly, spoon the mixture onto one side of each half-circle of pie rust (about 1/2 cup per piecrust), leaving a 1/2-inch border. Dot the borders with water, fold the dough over to form a quarter-circle, and press firmly to seal; crimp, if desired. Cut 3 slits in each turnover and brush with egg..
- If for tonight - bake the turnovers on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 400*F until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes..
- To freeze and cook later - freeze the uncooked turnovers on a parchment-lend baking sheet just until firm, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to freezer-safe resealable bags and freeze for up to 3 months. To cook, bake the turnovers from frozen on parchment-lined baking sheet at 400*F until golden brow, 30 to 35 minutes..