Truffled Turkey Breasts with Winter Greens.
You can cook Truffled Turkey Breasts with Winter Greens using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Truffled Turkey Breasts with Winter Greens
- It's 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 small of shallots, minced (3/4 cup).
- It's 3 cup of mixed mushrooms (cremini, shiitaki, oyster) finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of minced rosemary.
- You need 3 tbsp of minced parsley.
- You need 1/4 cup of Maderia wine or sherry.
- You need 2 tbsp of white truffle oil, plus more for rubbing turkey.
- Prepare 5 lb of bone-in turkey breast, halved at breast bone.
- It's 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 bunch of winter greens (such as cale or Swiss chard) washed, steamed and chopped.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic (4 tsp).
Truffled Turkey Breasts with Winter Greens step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat..
- Add shallots and cook 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add mushrooms and rosemary, and cook 5-7 minutes, until soft.
- Add parsley and Madeira, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 2-4 minuted, until liquid has cooked away, scraping up andvrowned bits from bottom of pan. Remove from heat, stir in 2 tbs. truffle oil and transfer to a plate to cool..
- Pat one turkey breast dry, and carefully lift skin away from flesh. Use fingers to fill pocket between skin and flesh with mushroom mixture, spreading evenly. Cover with skin, smoothing out lumps, repeat with remaining turkey breast. Rub skin with additional truffle oil.
- Arrange turkey breasts in large roasting pan, roast 50 minutes to 1 hour, until juices run clean and meat thermostat reads 165°. Remoce from oven, transfer to platter.
- When turkey is almost done, heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add greens and garlic, turning to coat eith oil. Cook 5-8 minites, until greens are tender.
- To serve, arrange greens on serving plates. Slice turkey 1/2-inch thick diagonally to expose stuffing under skin. Arrange turkey slices over greens and serve immediately.