Layered Sweet Potato Torte..
You can have Layered Sweet Potato Torte. using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Layered Sweet Potato Torte.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of Swiss chard, stems removed.
- You need 2 1/2 lb of Sweet potatoes, sliced 1/8 inch thick.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Chopped fresh rosemary.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic, minced (2 tsp.).
- Prepare 1 small of Red onion, chopped (3/4 cup).
- It's 3 oz of Taleggio or blue cheese, crumbled.
Layered Sweet Potato Torte. step by step
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Brush 9 inch springform pan with oil..
- Stack 6 chard leaves on cutting board, and roll tightly into cylinder. Slice cylinder to chiffonade leaves into thin strands. Repeat with remaining leaves.
- Place 1 sweet potato slice in center of bottom of prepared springform pan. Arrange slices in circles around center slice, overlapping slices by at least half. Brush with oil, sprinkle with 1 tsp. chopped rosemary and one third minced garlic, and season with salt and pepper (if desired). Spread 1 cup Swiss chard over potatoes, sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped onion and one third crumbled Taleggio. Arrange another layer of sweet potatoes over chard, and press down on potatoes to flatten layers. Repeat layering twice..
- Place torte on baking sheet, and cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Uncover, and bake 15 minutes. Cool 15 minutes. Press top of torte to remove excess liquid..
- Turn torte upside down on platter, unmold, and serve. For a crispier top, unmold onto ovenproof platter, and brush top of torte with oil. Broil 3 to 5 minutes, or until potato slices begin to brown and start to curl. Cool 10 minutes before slicing..