Vegetable Barley Casserole (Weight Watchers).
You can cook Vegetable Barley Casserole (Weight Watchers) using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Barley Casserole (Weight Watchers)
- Prepare 2 tsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 small of onion chopped.
- You need 1 medium of garlic clove minced.
- You need 2 cup of frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained.
- Prepare 3 cup of coarsely chopped swiss chard, thick stems removed.
- It's 14 1/2 oz of canned diced tomatoes with chilies well drained.
- Prepare 2 cup of cooked barley.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It's 1/4 tsp of crushed, dried oregano.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- It's 2 of sprays cooking spray.
- It's 1/2 cup of sharp low fat shredded cheddar cheese.
Vegetable Barley Casserole (Weight Watchers) instructions
- Preheat oven to 180C 350°F.
- Heat oil in very arge nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, corn, and Swiss chard; cook stirring frequently unitl onion is translucent and Swiss chard is tender about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, barley, cumin, oregano salt and pepper; heat through..
- Coat a 2 1/2 to 3 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon barley mixture into prepared dish in an even layer; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese melts and mixture is hot. about about 25 to 30 mins. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing into six pieces. Yields 1 piece per serving.
- PointPlus per serving 4..