Zucchini frittata. A frittata, as a flat omelet is known in Italy, can be filled with a variety of vegetables and cheeses and makes a great impromptu brunch dish or supper. In this version, fresh mint and basil brighten the mild taste of zucchini. If you prefer, use feta or ricotta salata in place of the goat cheese.
The potato crust on this pretty frittata is so easy to make, and everyone will. The word "frittata" translates to "fried" in English. This summer is the perfect time to make a zucchini frittata. You can cook Zucchini frittata using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini frittata
- It's 2 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- It's 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 large of Swiss chard leaves coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 1 medium of Zucchini.
- Prepare 6 of Eggs.
- It's 1 pinch of Pepper.
- It's 1/4 tsp of Basil and oregano.
- It's 1 cup of Grated parmesan.
This recipe is so easy to make but absolutely delicious. Imagine thick and fluffy frittata loaded with thin slices of zucchini and adorned with sweet corn kernels. Add the drained cooled zucchini and onion mixture. When it is hot enough to make the eggs sizzle, pour in the egg mixture, making sure the zucchini mixture is distributed evenly.
Zucchini frittata step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°Heat oil in pan. Add veggies and garlic. cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly..
- Beat eggs with seasonings, stir in cheese and veggies. Pour into greased pie pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Add the zucchini mixture; mix. (I put in eggs then added onion mixture). Add finely diced sage or basil now if using. Add the ricotta and Parmesan and whisk to combine. Stir in the salt, freshly ground black pepper, basil and thyme. Trim the zucchini or summer squash, cut in half lengthwise, and thinly slice into half moons.