Kibbeh With Tomato Sauce. Authentic Middle Eastern kibbeh recipe with step-by-step tutorial. Delicious stuffed croquetts made w/ bulgur wheat, ground beef or lamb & toasted pine nuts. My closest encounter with kibbeh took place only a few years ago in my mother in-law's Michigan kitchen.
Crispy shell outside with a succulent meaty filling inside. Literally a meat bonanza that everyone loves. Kibbeh recipe is an outstanding use of meat as it is simply stuffing meat with another meat. You can cook Kibbeh With Tomato Sauce using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kibbeh With Tomato Sauce
- It's 1 kg of fine wheat groats, ground jreesh.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It's of Filling:.
- You need 1/2 kg of ground meat.
- You need 2 of onions, finely ground.
- It's 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It's 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need of pepper.
- You need of black pepper.
- It's of salt.
- Prepare of Sauce:.
- It's 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- It's 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- It's 1/2 kg of swiss chard, chopped with the stem.
- You need 1 of tomato, grated.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried mint, powder.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Fish crocheted in batter, with potatoes rustic, with greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, tomato and cream sauces. Roasted chickpeas falafel patties with garlic yogurt sauce, serv. Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil. Mix well with a wooden spoon or clean hands, making sure all the ingredients are thoroughly Then add the can of tomatoes and break the tomatoes apart with a wooden spoon until you have a thick sauce consistency.
Kibbeh With Tomato Sauce instructions
- Wash the wheat groats and drain, then add salt to it and leave aside..
- After 1 hour, knead the wheat groats with your hands or use a food processor, until it becomes dough like.
- To prepare the filling, fry the onions in olive oil until soft then add in the ground meat, pepper, black pepper and salt.Stir for 5 minutes..
- Divide the wheat groats dough into walnut-sized pieces and roll into balls..
- With your finger make a hole in the middle of the ball and widen the hole by turning the ball and pressing it in your palm. Make sure the thickness of the shell is the same on all sides..
- Fill with about 2 teaspoons of filling and seal the sides together forming an oval shaped kibbehball or flat circular shape, set aside and repeat with the rest of the dough and filling..
- To prepare the sauce: fry the onion in vegetable oil until it’s golden, then add in the swiss chard, tomato, red pepper and salt. Pour 3 cups of water and bring to a boil..
- Drop the kibbehballs into the sauce, you can add a little bit of water if the sauce is too thick. Boil for 15 minutes..
- Sprinkle with dried mint before serving..
Recipe for tomato kibbeh is provided courtesy of Asma Zeito. Vegan Tomato Kibbeh by Maureen Abood at The Splendid Table. Recipe - Stuffed Potato with Tomato Sauce - Meanwhile. heat the. One of my all-time favorite foods in the whole world! Tomato kibbeh is a bright, fresh vegan salad that keeps in the fridge for days. parsley, red onion.