Doro we't. Doro Wat is one of the most famous of all African dishes. You will find it in every Ethiopian restaurant and virtually anyone who is familiar with African cuisine will have heard of it. Doro Wat -Ethiopian Chicken Stew -slowly simmered This version of Doro Wat aka Doro Wot is true to authentic roots, it's easy to put together and.
Wat Tsebhe, We̠t', Wot (Ethiopian) Wat is an Ethiopian and Eritrean stew prepared with meat, vegetables, niter kibbeh, spices. Meat can be chicken, beef, or … doro wat recipes. All. classic ethiopian chicken stew ethiopian stew ethiopian chicken stew and sega wat lamb stew crock pot ethiopian recipe. You can have Doro we't using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Doro we't
- It's 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It's 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 5 of onions finely chopped.
- You need 2 inch piece of ginger peeled and minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 3 tbsp of berbere.
- Prepare 8 of skinless chicken legs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cardamom.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- It's 3 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine.
- It's 1 lb of swiss chard.
- It's 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.
Traditional Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Stew) www.ethiopianathome.com. Doro wat is an onion-based chicken stew from Ethiopia. If you walk into any Ethiopian or Eritrean restaurant around the world, you will undoubtedly be served this incredibly tasty. Doro wat. (Chicken Stew, We̠t', Wot, Tsebhi).
Doro we't instructions
- Heat oil over low heat. Add garlic, onions, and ginger. Cook until softened about 30 min..
- Add tomato paste and berbere and cook for 15 more min.
- Season chicken legs with cardamom and salt. Add chicken, butter, stock, and wine to the pot. Bring to a simmer and cook until chicken is cooked, about 1 hr.
- In a separate pot cook swiss chard. Transfer to stew when cooked..
- Serve with cottage cheese on the side.
Wat is the national dish of Ethiopia, a spicy stew made with berbere - a spice blend usually consisting of very hot chili peppers. Doro Wat is one such stew, made from chicken and sometimes hard-boiled eggs; the ethnologist Donald Levine records that doro wat is the most popular traditional food in. Doro Wat is a spicy chicken stew and the national dish of Ethiopia. It is probably the most popular African dish and for good reason, it is delicious! The doro wat recipe is prepared with two iconic ingredients of Ethiopian cuisine: the Did you know Amharic was the official language of Ethiopia?