Zappa Toscana. Homemade Zuppa Toscana is loaded with Italian sausage, bacon, kale and potatoes. If you love the Zuppa Toscana at your local chain Italian restaurant, you will adore this soup. The rich soup is made with Italian sausage, potatoes, cream, and crushed red.
This is a clone of the Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana. Tried and true, approved by former Olive Garden chefs. Zuppa Toscana (Better than Olive Garden!) What is Zuppa Toscana Zuppa Toscana simply put is a Tuscan style soup. You can cook Zappa Toscana using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zappa Toscana
- It's 1 lb of Italian Sausage.
- It's 6 of Russet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Real bacon pieces.
- You need 2 tsp of Minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of Kale or Swiss chard, chopped.
- You need 32 oz of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of Heavy whipping cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of Flour.
This hearty Italian soup recipe has potatoes, sausage and bacon in a light, creamy broth. The whole family will love this copycat One Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup! Loaded with bacon, sausage, potatoes, and kale! I realized it's a very close riff to the popular Zuppa Toscana Soup from Olive Garden.
Zappa Toscana step by step
- Brown sausage in a sauté pan.
- Place sausage, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes and onion in a slow cooker. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat. Cook on high 3-4 hours (low 5-6 hours) until potatoes are soft.
- 30 minutes before serving (complete 4-7).
- Mix flour into cream removing lumps.
- Add cream and kale to crockpot, stir.
- Cook on high 30 minutes or until the broth thickens slightly.
- Add salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana is a creamy and soul-warming sausage, kale, and potato soup. Make it with this easy Olive Garden copycat recipe and video. A favorite Italian hearty soup made with sausage, potatoes, and If you have ever eaten at Olive Garden and tried their Zuppa Toscana Soup, you may. How to make zuppa toscana at home. Many people either love it or hate it.