Lentils_with_Swiss_chard_and_lemon_juice. Wash the strips of Swiss Chard; drain. When soup is the consistency you like, stir in lemon juice and season to taste with salt. In the meantime peel the garlic You could squeeze the garlic with a garlic crusher but the texture and taste of pounded garlic is finer.
When soup is the consistency you like, stir in lemon juice and season to taste with.. Adas Bil Hamud is the Arabic name for this common Lebanese soup, and it translates to lentils in lemon juice. When the lentils are almost tender add in the cut up chard leaves and the garlic-cilantro mixture. You can have Lentils_with_Swiss_chard_and_lemon_juice using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lentils_with_Swiss_chard_and_lemon_juice
- It's 500 g of or (a bunch) washed & chopped Swiss chard.
- Prepare 1 cup of green lentils.
- Prepare 200 g of potato cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic - crushed.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh coriander washed & chopped.
- It's 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It's 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of water - to dissolve flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 L of hot water (approximately).
Heat a large sauté pan with oil. Add onions and Swiss chard stems and cook until golden. Chef Kamal demonstrates how to prepare Lentil soup with swiss chard (adas bi hamood), using brown lentils, swiss chard, cilantro and lemon. Cover partially and cook over moderately low heat until the.
Lentils_with_Swiss_chard_and_lemon_juice step by step
- In a deep soup pot, add Swiss chard with lentils and water, boil until lentils are cooked.
- In a heated saute pan add oil and garlic allowing garlic to go golden in colour.
- Add coriander to the garlic and stir. Add the mixture to the lentils and Swiss chard's pot.
- At this stage add potato cubes and dissolved flour to the soup pot.
- Add the lemon juice and salt to taste. Leave on low heat until potatoes are cooked and ingredients are homogenized..
- Serve hot,next to radish and onion.
- By:Bara'a Chougari.
Tender swiss chard, creamy ricotta cheese, crispy bacon, and lemon zest combine with spaghetti to create a dish that is brimming with fresh, lovely flavors. This dish comes together quickly and doesn't feature unusual ingredients, making it perfect for a weekday dinner. I loved how nothing is wasted, the. Can sub spinach or any other greens for the Swiss chard. #healthysoup #lebanesefood #lebanesecuisine #cookbook #tasteofbeirut #lentils #swisschard #eatyourgreens #vegan #glutenfree. Pare ribs from Swiss chard leaves and split leaves lengthwise into thirds.