Swiss Chard with Bengal Gram Dal.
You can cook Swiss Chard with Bengal Gram Dal using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Swiss Chard with Bengal Gram Dal
- It's 3 cup of Swiss chard (chopped).
- Prepare 1 cup of Split Bengal gram.
- You need 1 pinch of Turmeric powder/haldi.
- You need 1 tbsp of Onion (chopped).
- You need 2 tsp of Garlic (crushed).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- It's 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Asafoetida.
Swiss Chard with Bengal Gram Dal instructions
- Cook lentils in a cooker for 4-5 whistles, keep it aside..
- In separate vessel heat oil, add tempering items, once mustard seeds start splattering, add chopped onions, crushed garlic and cook till raw smell of onion and garlic goes away..
- Now add chopped Swiss chard, green chilies and cook for 5-6 minutes once the greens are cooked add the cooked dal, salt and pinch of turmeric powder (You can add red chilli powder/ black pepper if you want little spicy)..
- Let it cook for 5-6 minutes on medium heat and adjust spices..
- Once lentils cooked with the spices, add lemon juice, mix well and turn off the heat..
- Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves(optional). Serve with hot rice..