Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears. Place in a bowl and cover with buttermilk. Let stand at room temperature while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. I didn 't measure the dry ingredients.
If you love fried green tomatoes but looking for a different approach on preparing these tart beauties. I started out to make fried green tomatoes and took a detour. I remembered how delicious and surprising these parmesan crusted lamb chops Only, I didn't want to fry them; I wanted them oven baked. You can have Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears
- It's 1 of large or 2 medium zucchini.
- It's 1-2 of fresh green tomatoes.
- It's 4 of large eggs.
- It's of Bread crumbs.
- You need of Grated Parmesan.
- It's of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It's of Garlic powder.
- It's of Seasoning salt.
- You need of Cooking Oil.
The idea of oven-baked started when one of the lady's who sells tomatoes at the farmer's. Breaded green tomatoes are oven-fried then layered with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese in this delicious casserole. Fried Green Tomato Parmesan. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Panko Crusted Baked Fried Green Tomatoes with Lulus Wow Sauce are crispy and crunchy on the outside just like you find with deep fried green tomatoes.
Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears instructions
- Wash and cut tomatoes into slices and zucchini into spears. Mix bread crumbs in a flat mixing bowl or container with seasonings to taste and parmesan in desired amounts. Mix well. Crack eggs into a separate flat container and mix them up with some salt and pepper..
- Heat oil on stovetop in a pan for deep frying or heat your oil in a deep fryer. Dip veggies into egg mixture 1 at a time, and coat well. Next plunge the veggies into the bread crumb mixture and flip to coat well. Drop into oil for 2-5 mins or until deep fried and crispy..
- Remove from fryer and allow to cool on paper towels to drain grease. Serve and Enjoy Alone, with Ranch Dressing, or with Your Favorite Dip!.
Crispy Fried Green Tomatoes made with Panko breadcrumbs mixed with garlic, onion, and a little cayenne pepper. Fried green tomatoes are like that. We know how we've been taught to like them - edges crisp and gritty with cornmeal, and tangy succulent Instead of a flour or cornmeal coating, I went for a jagged cloak of panko and Parmesan, which crisped beautifully and tasted deliciously of toasted, nutty cheese. Season the tomato slices with salt and pepper. In this video, I will show you, how to easily make Eggplant Parm, and since I had hot oil, egg mixture, and bread crumbs left, I made Fried Green Tomatoes.