Hearty mung bean and rainbow Swiss chard soup. Dried beans and pulses give texture to our food and added nutrition in the winter months. I love to use them in stews and chunky soups. This Herbed White Bean Chard bowl is full of amazing flavors from fresh herbs.
This clean eating Mung Bean Soup is loaded with fibre-rich mung beans, kale, carrot & celery. It's made all in one pot (slow cooker) for one satisfying The mung beans cook beautifully with the other aromatic and tasty ingredients; seven hours later you'll be left with a super satisfying, hearty legume. This hearty soup combines nutritious Swiss chard with other garden favorites. You can have Hearty mung bean and rainbow Swiss chard soup using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hearty mung bean and rainbow Swiss chard soup
- Prepare 4 of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- You need 100 g of Swiss chard.
- It's 250 g of mung beans.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil (better if extra-virgin).
- You need 1 Tbsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 Tbsp of cumin.
- It's 1/2 Tbsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of vegetable bullion.
- It's 2 of bay leaves.
- It's to taste of Dried parsley.
- You need of Black pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare 1 knob of butter.
- It's 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 1 Tbsp of strawberry jam (or other conserve).
- You need 2 dashes of umeshu or lychee wine (or any fruity wine).
In a Dutch oven , saute the carrot, zucchini, yellow squash and onion in oil until tender. Add the broth, Swiss chard, beans, tomatoes, thyme, salt, oregano and pepper. Hearty Lentil & Swiss Chard Soup. I could never say no to soup!
Hearty mung bean and rainbow Swiss chard soup step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat, l and sauté the chopped onions and carrots, stirring regularly for about 3-5 mins..
- Prepare the vegetable stock adding 500 ml of boiling water to the vegetable bullion. Add the beans, all the dry ingredients and the bay leaves to the pan, then add the stock. Let it cook for 25', stirring regularly to prevent sticking..
- Remove the bay leaves. Add the butter, jam and coconut milk. Add more water if necessary, stir well and continue to cook for 10 more minutes. At this point it's easier for the soup to stick to the pan so I recommend stirring every 3-5 minutes. Add the umeshu or sweet wine, stir well and let the soup simmer for another 15 minutes or until the beans are fully cooked..
- Serve with croutons or crunchy bread with a dash of olive olive and oregano (optional). Here, I have used "freselle" (made by my mother, with fennel seeds), a type of Neapolitan crunchy bread - we love it with tomatoes, tuna and oregano!.
Butternut squash soup and vegetable bean soups are my favorites! Anyways, this lentil and swiss chard soup looks awesome! Mung beans, known as green beans due to the green skins, are commonly used in lots of Chinese soups and desserts. Sometimes, they can be used as a side ingredient in a congee or porridge or they can be the primary ingredients like mung bean cake and this mung bean soup. Mung bean starch is extracted to make transparent cellophane noodles, also known as bean threads or glass noodles.