Swiss Chard and Mushroom Polenta.
You can cook Swiss Chard and Mushroom Polenta using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Swiss Chard and Mushroom Polenta
- It's 150 grams of Cornmeal.
- Prepare 800 ml of Water or thin soup stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of Parmesan cheese (optional).
- Prepare 3 large of leaves Swiss chard.
- Prepare 10 of Button mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Pine nuts (or other nuts or seeds).
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
Swiss Chard and Mushroom Polenta instructions
- Blanch the Swiss chard for a few minutes and then squeeze out the water. Cut into bite-size pieces..
- Slice the mushrooms and onions..
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the onion until translucent and soft..
- Add the mushrooms and pine nuts and stir-fry. Add the Swiss chard and lightly stir-fry. Season with salt and pepper..
- Boil the water (or stock) in a pot. Stir the cornmeal, a little at a time, into the boiling water..
- The cornmeal will thicken; stir constantly with a wooden spatula. Lower the heat and continue stirring..
- After it's simmered for 20 minutes, add the butter and parmesan cheese (if desired) and mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Polenta becomes firm once it cools. You can then slice it and grill it. (The photo shows firm polenta that I made with 600 ml of water)..