☆ Roasted Chard ☆. When a recipe calls for Swiss chard leaves, save the stems. You can make delicious use of the stems by roasting them to tender yumminess. One of the first things to appear at our farmers market this spring was beautiful rainbow chard.
The mellow roasted butternut squash is perfectly balanced by the delicate flavor of the Swiss chard greens and roasted garlic, and the toasted pine nuts and dried cranberries add texture to the overall dish. This dish is the perfect fall meal accompaniment. To top the chard, I roasted some fresh beets (very simple), sprinkled with shelled pistachios (best invention ever), and tossed with a dressing of orange juice and balsamic vinegar. You can cook ☆ Roasted Chard ☆ using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of ☆ Roasted Chard ☆
- It's 3 of Chard.
- You need 1 of Onions (minced).
- Prepare 150 grams of Feta cheese.
- Prepare 1 dash of ★Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 dash of ☆Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of ☆Extra virgin olive oil.
If you're not concerned with keeping food strictly paleo (like I am during my Paleo Challenge). It's amazing to think that so many of the things we love to eat come from a big stinky pile of dirt for the most part. Butternut is roasted revealing it's sweetness. If using tender greens just toss into the hot butternut without cooking before serving to just wilt.
☆ Roasted Chard ☆ step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°Ｆ(175℃)..
- I used rainbow chard, but you can use Swiss chard if you like..
- Wash the chard well, then separate the leaves from the stems..
- Chop up the stems and onion and combine in a bowl. Mix in the ★ ingredients to coat..
- Line a baking sheet with kitchen parchment paper and spread out Step 4 over the surface. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes..
- Chop up the chard leaves, place into a bowl, and mix together with the ☆ ingredients..
- Once Step 5 has baked for 15 minutes, pack Step 6 on top of of the baked onions and chard stems, top with feta cheese, and bake for 20 minutes..
- It's ready when the feta cheese melts ☆.
Chuck Hughes' perfectly roasted beets tossed in with juicy red chard greens is a delicious and easy side dish that anyone can whip up. Wash the beets and greens, leaving the skins on. Remove the leaves from the stalks of chard, finely chop the stalks and roughly shred the leaves. Remove the lid, add the roasted garlic cloves, and increase the heat to high. Karen Martini's take on roast beef, served with braised rainbow chard scented with cinnamon.