Peanut butter Sukuma wiki + Swiss chard(spinach). Sukuma Wiki- A healthy and economical braised collard greens full of flavor and Spice. Sukuma wiki is a very rustic African dish, enjoyed in many parts of East African countries like Kenya, Tanzania- just to name a few. It is a Swahili phrase meaning, "to stretch the week" especially when paired Ugali.
Chard (Beta vulgaris var. cicla), also known as Swiss Chard, Silverbeet, Perpetual Spinach or Marigold, is a leaf vegetable. Chard or Swiss chard (Beta vulgaris subsp. vulgaris, Cicla-Group and Flavescens-Group) (/tʃɑːrd/) is a green leafy vegetable. In the cultivars of the Flavescens-Group. "Sukuma wiki" is a Swahili phrase meaning, depending on how you translate it, "week-pusher," "push the week," or "stretch the week." Sukuma wiki can be found in many forms. You can cook Peanut butter Sukuma wiki + Swiss chard(spinach) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Peanut butter Sukuma wiki + Swiss chard(spinach)
- It's 1 bunch of Sukuma wiki.
- It's 1 bunch of Swiss chard(what we call spinach).
- It's of I large onion(any onion if fine).
- You need of Enough oil for frying.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 2 of large tomatoes pureed or grated.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- Prepare of Beef cubes(optional).
Sometimes it is highly spiced, in the Indian-influenced cuisine of East Africa. Sometimes it is a very plain and basic dish of. Sukuma wiki is the Swahili name for collard greens which translates to "push/stretch the week". In East Africa they use collards to stretch out a meal so it lasts the whole week, so as you can imagine this dish is very economical.
Peanut butter Sukuma wiki + Swiss chard(spinach) instructions
- Thoroughly clean all your vegetables and chop them up.
- Heat oil in a sufuria, add you onions fry till they're translucent. Add tomatoes and stir. Add salt to taste and cover to cook for 2 minutes..
- Add your green vegetables sukumawiki first, stir then add spinach(chard) and keep stirring..
- When the vegetables have reduced to half, add beef cubes if using and stir. Cook to you liking..
- When almost ready, add the peanut butter and stir till its all mixed in the veggies. You may add coconut cream..
- Remove from heat and let it rest for a while before serving..
- Enjoy with ugali!.
A few of my favorite African-inspired dishes are North African Spiced Shrimp and. Peanut butter - irish potato candy. Clean and wash Swiss chard or spinach, drain, dry completely. Cook. until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Spinach and Swiss chard both cook quickly and make a fabulous addition to quiches, rice dishes, and salads.