Vegetarian_pumpkin_kebbeh. Pumpkin kibbeh (Food Safari Earth)Source: Food Safari Earth. From the crunchy shell to the spiced stuffing, this vegetarian version of kibbeh is one to have in your repertoire. Hey Ya All :) This is a recipe thats nutrient rich n loaded with fuel essential for Low Carbers.
Oh, and another thing about this Pumpkin Kibbeh? It kind of changed my life in ways I never thought possible. Pumpkin Kibbeh is one of my favorite recipes. You can cook Vegetarian_pumpkin_kebbeh using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian_pumpkin_kebbeh
- It's of Part 1- preparing the kibbeh dough.
- It's 1 Kg of whole pumpkin.
- It's 150 g of fine bulgur.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of all spice.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Part 2 - preparing the kibbeh filling.
- It's 1 kg. of spinach or swiss-chard - blanched.
- You need 1 cup of watercress leaves.
- It's 2 of onions - diced.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of onions, cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 2 cups of chickpeas cooked & peeled.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sumac.
- It's 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
I personally like it all year long or even for Thanksgiving. This recipe can be made into Kibbeh balls and. Pumpkin Kibbeh: a healthy, tasty and nutritious vegan recipe from the Mediterranean diet. On my blog you can find plenty of healthy vegetarian and vegan recipes from the.
- Start by peeling and coring the seeds out of the pumpkin then cut into large chunks.
- Add the pumpkin chunks into a large pot and cover with lightly salted water, bring to a boil for a few minutes until the pumpkin in softened and cooked, then strain and set aside to cool down..
- Next wash the bulgur and strain from excess water..
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cooled pumpkin, bulgur, flour, all spice, salt & pepper to taste.
- Mash all ingredients together until a well combined dough consistency is established.
- Cover the dough and set aside to rest while we prepare the filling..
- In a saute pan, add the olive oil and saute the onion until translucent..
- Add the spinach or swiss-chard as desired then add the watercress & chickpeas and stir for a couple of minutes until greens have wilted..
- Add the sumac and salt to taste, then the lemon juice, simmer for 2 minutes then remove from heat and set aside to cool..
- Part 3 - Assembling & Stuffing the Kibbeh Divide the dough into medium-sized balls as desired either using an icecream scoop or a measurement cup or a scale..
- Then start by corring the dough balls using the palm of your hand and your finger, rolling around until a cavity is created for the stuffing.
- Using a spoon, fill the dough cavity with the stuffing mixture and gently start rolling around the palm of your hand to close the dough and establish the kibbeh shape..
- Continue stuffing the rest of the balls in the same way until all the quantity is done.
- Finally deep fry the kibbeh dough balls until golden brown & crunchy on the outside.
- Serve Hot.
- By: Reina Abdullah.
Kibbeh are traditionally made with ground meat and fried in oil. This healthier, vegetarian recipe uses a chickpea and spinach ﬁlling and a delicious. Vegan Pumpkin Pumpkin Recipes Kibbeh Recipe Egyptian Food Vegan News Lebanese Recipes Finger Foods Vegetarian Recipes Yummy Recipes. Lebanese Vegetarian Potato Kibbe Recipe - Kibbeh Aat'aaMama's Lebanese Kitchen. This vegetarian kibbeh recipe is made with pumpkin and stuffed with seasoned greens.