Shakshuka: Eggs and greens - vegetarian. Green Shakshuka is a modern version of the Middle Eastern recipe. It includes cracked eggs over a medley of green vegetables. Eggs and veggies are a favorite of mine and my husband.
Or go with half the veggies and some marinara sauce plus a dusting. This shakshuka eggs recipe is an shakshuka breakfast recipe. Shakshuka, traditionally a North African dish, is typically comprised of spices, eggs and tomatoes, but here we've decided to mix things up a little. make it green and healthy with asparagus tips and broad beans. You can cook Shakshuka: Eggs and greens - vegetarian using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shakshuka: Eggs and greens - vegetarian
- It's 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 of leek, chopped.
- Prepare 1 bunch of rainbow chard - or regular chard or spinach.
- You need of Small bunch of parsley, roughly chopped.
- It's of Small bunch of mint, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- You need of sumac if you have it.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Enjoy this gorgeous green Vegetarian Shakshuka for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Full of fresh ingredients and protein to keep you powering all day. Green shakshuka puts a healthy green spin on the classic shakshuka recipe! Spices: cumin is my favorite for an earthy, spicy taste. posted in: Breakfast Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Low-Carb and Keto Nut-Free Paleo Vegetarian.
Shakshuka: Eggs and greens - vegetarian instructions
- Heat the oil on a medium-low heat in a large flat pan. (The pan needs to have a lid for later.).
- Add the leek and sauté til softened..
- Tear the chard/ spinach roughly and add to the pan. Let it wilt down..
- Add the herbs til they wilt slightly..
- Add the garlic and season..
- Make two holes in the mix. (A hole per egg.) And crack an egg into each hole. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes. The egg whites need to be set and the yolks still soft..
- When it’s ready, sprinkle with sumac and serve on its own or with some sourdough. Enjoy 😋.
Shakshuka is an incredibly easy baked egg recipe that works just as well for brunch as it does for dinner. Smoky, sweet peppers combine with rich, creamy eggs and tangy yoghurt and salty feta for a completely moreish dish. One of our favorites is this Green Shakshuka recipe: warm eggs cooked over a bed of garlicky leeks and greens with tangy feta cheese, all served with A cast iron pan is perfect for this recipe, as it's easily transferable from the stovetop directly into the oven. Simply sauté the leeks, garlic, and greens. The best baked eggs in the world - Shakshuka!