Blue cheese and greens quick pasta. Boil the pasta according to pack instructions. In a saucepan, melt the butter, then gently fry the onion until golden. Quick, Easy, and Delicious Pasta Recipes Ideal for Weeknight Dinners.
Don't throw out those beet greens! Add drained pasta to the pan along with a little pasta water. Swirl until pasta is coated with sauce. You can have Blue cheese and greens quick pasta using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blue cheese and greens quick pasta
- Prepare 100 g of pasta/person - ideally pasta with wholes in it such as penne, conchiglie, maccheroni etc so that it holds the sauce.
- It's 1 packet of Gorgonzola or dolce latte.
- You need 1 packet of greens - here I used rainbow chards but it can be spinach, cabbage etc.
- It's 1 handful of Parmesan.
Divide pasta among plates and serve with remaining Parmesan. This easy blue cheese sauce recipe for pasta uses only three ingredients and comes together in a snap by melting into the hot cooked pasta. As you add the cheese, also drizzle a little of the reserved pasta water over the noodles, using as much or as little as needed. The water will keep the noodles.
Blue cheese and greens quick pasta step by step
- Start by bringing water to boil for the pasta with just half a handful of rock salt in it and nothing else.
- In a pan with some butter cook the chard on medium heat until the leaves are soft. I put a tiny bit of water in the lid of the pan and close it so that the steam helps the leaves cooking.
- When the pasta is couple of minutes away from being ready chop the dolce latte or Gorgonzola in small pieces and add them to the chard. Turn the heat to its minimum setting and let the cheese melt. If it looks not creamy enough add a dash of milk.
- When the pasta is ready drain it and add it to the pan and stir altogether. You can add the Parmesan for added cheesiness.
This goes together while the pasta water is boiling. You can also top this with salmon, chicken, crumbled bacon or tomatoes. Wisk in blue and parmesan cheeses. Sauce will thicken a bit upon standing. Easy CrockPot Buffalo Chicken PastaLife Should Cost Less.