Chickpea, squash and green bean curry - vegan. Delicious and fragrant, this chickpea, cauliflower, and butternut squash curry is a wholesome meal! Vegetables are simmered in aromatic spices and coconut milk. When served with steamed rice and flatbread, it's the perfect comfort food.
But nothing is going to block out this vegan chickpea curry. Growing up in nineties and naughties Britain, curry was Added green beans and spinach. Will become a favourite after work dinner. You can have Chickpea, squash and green bean curry - vegan using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpea, squash and green bean curry - vegan
- It's 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It's 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It's 1 tsp of ginger powder.
- You need 1/2 of Onion Squash (also known as Hokkaido), cut into 2-3cm cubes - Butternut or Kabocha are also nice (and you don’t need to peel the squash 🎉).
- You need 200 g of / 1/2 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- You need 200 g of / 1/2 can coconut milk, light or full-fat.
- You need 1 cup of vegan stock (it’s about 1tsp of powder for 1 cup) - if you’re not vegan, you can use veggie stock instead of course.
- It's 100-150 g of Green beans - peas or sugarsnaps or spinach or chard are nice too.
This creamy vegan butternut squash curry with chickpeas, broccolini Vegan Butternut Squash Curry. Butternut squash curry that's creamy and fragrant with spinach, chickpeas, coconut milk and red curry paste. Secret ingredient in the recipe makes the sauce extra creamy every time! Strong and vibrant flavors of lemongrass, ginger and tamarind really bring this Thai flavored dish to life.
Chickpea, squash and green bean curry - vegan step by step
- In a large pan, heat the oil. Add the mustard seeds. And fry til they pop..
- Add the cumin, garam masala, turmeric and ginger. Heat for a few minutes..
- Add the squash and chickpeas..
- Add the coconut milk and vegan broth..
- Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer for about 30 minutes until the squash has softened and the sauce has thickened..
- Add the beans and stir through; they will take 5-10 mins. If the mix is getting a bit dry, add some water..
- Serve with rice or chapatti. Enjoy!.
EASY coconut curry with chickpeas and Indian spices. Naturally vegan + gluten-free; add vegetables like cauliflower or sweet potato. A classic easy coconut curry with chickpeas, inspired by Indian flavors. This garbanzo bean curry skips the complicated steps but doesn't skimp. I make easy curry-based dishes like this and my Creamy Curry Chickpea Soup a lot.