Muffuletta, a la James Martin.
You can cook Muffuletta, a la James Martin using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Muffuletta, a la James Martin
- It's 1 of round white cob loaf.
- You need 250 g of multicoloured Swiss chard.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It's 1 of medium carrot, peelef.
- Prepare of White wine vinegar.
- It's 1 tablespoon of white sugar.
- Prepare 10 slices of Jarlsberg cheese.
- It's 10 slices of best ham.
- You need 1 of large ball mozerella.
- It's 1 of tomato.
- It's 1 of small avocado.
- Prepare 4 of small cornichons.
- You need of Green and black olives.
- Prepare to taste of Salt, pepper and fresh herbs.
Muffuletta, a la James Martin step by step
- Cut the top off the cob to make a lid. Pull the bread out of middle. Set aside..
- Chop the Swiss chard stems and a little of the leaf finely. Chop the onion finely. With a potato peeler, make fine slices of carrot. Mix the veg together and set aside..
- Heat white wine vinegar and sugar together in a small pan until sugar is melted. Pour over the vegetable mixture and stir..
- Now stuff the bread with layers of ham, cheese, pickles, salad and olives, tearing up the mozerella, and pressing ingredients down firmly inside the bread container. Season often with salt and pepper as you build up the layers..
- Put the bread lid on, slice and eat. If preferred warm, wrap a slice in silver foil and heat for a couple of minutes in a dry frying pan until mozerella melts.