Vegan Spanakopita. This vegan spanakopita is hands down the absolute best you've ever had! My mom has a famous One of my mom's personal twists in her original Greek spanakopita, is that she uses half feta and. My take on the great Greek spinach and feta pie!
It's easy to make and a guaranteed crowd pleaser that will have your guests swoon. traditional, authentically vegan Greek spanakopita. Spanakopita or spinach pie is probably one of the best-known of all traditional Greek dishes and hands down one of the most delicious. Vegan Spanakopita (also known as spinach pie) with layers of phyllo dough, spinach, ricotta and tofu. You can have Vegan Spanakopita using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Spanakopita
- You need 1 block of silken tofu.
- It's 2 of big handfulls chopped swiss chard.
- It's 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- You need of Juice of one lemon.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Phyllo pastry (I used 6 sheets from a pack and froze the rest).
- You need of Vegan butter or oil of choice to brush phyllo.
Topped with buttered phyllo and baked to perfection! A Note on Vegan Cheese for Vegan Spanakopita. Now, this isn't any old vegan spanakopita. A lot of spanakopita recipes call for both feta and ricotta.
Vegan Spanakopita instructions
- Add all ingredients together in a bowl and mix well, tofu will break up.
- Take 2 sheets of phyllo and brush each with butter.
- Put the sheets on top of each other and then divide this double sheet into four strips.
- Add a heaped tbsp of the mixture to the end of the strip.
- Fold it into a triangle, criss crossing until you have a samoosa shape.
- Brush with more butter and put on a baking sheet.
- Put in a preheated oven (160deg) for 20mins or until golden and crispy.
- Serve with chutney!.
A delicious and light recipe for vegan spanakopita. My take on the traditional Greek spinach and filo pie uses tofu in place of cheese and is packed full of fresh herbs. This spinach packed vegan Spanakopita recipe is quick and easy to make with tofu or vegan feta cheese and filo dough or pastry puffs. It bakes up light and flaky with a delicious protein-packed. Conventional spanakopita uses feta cheese, and while I might not normally use cashews to make vegan feta cheese (I have something else up my sleeve.