Creamy Greens, Red Lentil and Chicken Curry.
You can have Creamy Greens, Red Lentil and Chicken Curry using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Greens, Red Lentil and Chicken Curry
- You need 1 of Medium Onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of canola oil.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Fresh Garlic, finely chopped.
- It's 2 Tablespoons of fresh ginger, finely chopped.
- It's 1 teaspoon of fresh chillies, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 Cup of red lentils.
- It's 3 of Chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces.
- It's 1 Cup of water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of chicken spice.
- It's 2 teaspoons of mild curry spice.
- It's 2 cups of chopped Swiss chard.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped Chinese spinach.
- You need 1/4 Cup of fresh cream.
Creamy Greens, Red Lentil and Chicken Curry step by step
- Sauté onion, garlic, ginger and lentils. Do not soak the lentils as they do not take long to cook. Sauté for 15 minutes on medium heat. Do not brown the onion..
- Add the chicken and season with chicken spice, curry spice and salt. Sauté for 20 minutes on medium heat. Stir regularly..
- Add the green Swiss chard and Chinese spinach. Put the lid on for 5 minutes..
- Remove the lid, stir and add the cup of water and put the lid back on for 15 minutes..
- Just as the water is almost completely absorbed, add the cream and put the heat on low..
- After 15 minutes and the liquid has thickened, you are ready to serve. Leave a bit longer for the liquid to thicken to your liking. Serve with fragrant rice, roasted or steamed vegetables..