Plastos (cornmeal pie). "Plastos" is an old, traditional pie recipe made mainly in Thessaly, Greece. It's made with cornmeal, which abounds in the Thessalian plain, greens, and, of course, with feta cheese, plenty of butter and. Cornmeal Pie. "IF MAMA had time, she'd make these pies on Saturday night.
We have made it here with spinach, but it includes aromatic herbs. The cornmeal crust is like a thin layer of polenta both above and below the greens, which are I use fine cornmeal, which is sometimes packaged as corn flour. The trick is having enough liquid, so the pie retains moisture while cooking. You can have Plastos (cornmeal pie) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Plastos (cornmeal pie)
- It's 3 of eggs.
- It's 1 cup of oil.
- You need of (about) 500 g cornmeal.
- It's 250 g of feta cheese.
- It's 1 cup of trahana.
- It's 200 g of butter.
- You need 1 kg of chard.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of zucchini flowers.
- It's 1 bunch of spring onions.
- It's 1 bunch of parsley.
- It's of salt, pepper.
Having tried a few Meanwhile, a cornmeal crust adds texture and a touch of sweetness, thanks to a sprinkling of sugar. It's more like a Greek open faced pie, which we call "plastos". This tart was not in the menu Sweet onions and delicious sausage, with cheese combined with a delicious, crispy cornmeal crust was. Tamale pie is filled with seasoned ground beef, garlic, onions, corn and tomatoes and baked to perfection with a cheesy cornmeal crust.
Plastos (cornmeal pie) step by step
- Chop the chard, the onions, the parsley and place them in a bowl..
- Add the salt, the pepper, the eggs half of the oil and the trahana and mix thoroughly..
- Crumble the feta by hand and add it to the greens..
- Butter a baking tray and add a bit of oil..
- Dust the tray with plenty of cornmeal so that the whole surface is well covered and sprinkle with water..
- Add the filling you have prepared..
- Dust once more with the rest of the cornmeal and once again, sprinkle with water..
- Pour the rest of the oil and add little pieces of butter here and there..
- Bake for about an hour at 180 degrees..
Tamale Pie With Cheese Cornmeal Topping. Los plastos, plástidos o plastidios son orgánulos celulares eucarióticos, propios de las plantas y algas. Su función principal es la producción y almacenamiento de importantes compuestos químicos usados por la célula. Add the flour, cornmeal and salt. Continue mixing until the dough comes together.