Fried Zucchini Chips. When I first made pan fried zucchini on my own, I would get frustrated when the breading would slip off the zucchini or stick to the bottom of the pan. Fried Zucchini Chips are coated in Panko crumbs and Parmesan cheese and fry up super crispy. Dip them in Ranch dressing for a delicious summer appetizer.
These fried zucchini chips are crunchy outside because I used breadcrumbs to coat them and creamy in the middle. These are not deep-fried, I used just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Fried zucchini is ideal when eaten right away, but If you happen to have leftovers, the best way to reheat them is in the oven. You can have Fried Zucchini Chips using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Zucchini Chips
- It's 1 lb of zucchini.
- You need 1 of egg beaten.
- You need 1 tsp of water.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of Panko bread crumbs.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil for frying.
Don't those Fried Zucchini chips look amazing?! Zucchini chips; a healthier alternative to potato chips! I came up with the recipe for zucchini chips because I always bought the bags of veggie straws at Costco. The key to nice, crisp zucchini chips is ensuring that your zucchini are sliced as thinly as possible.
Fried Zucchini Chips step by step
- Heat oil to 350°F and drop coated rounds in oil. Do not crowd. Turn over when brown on one side. Continue until all are cooked..
- Beat egg and water together well..
- Slice zucchini in 1/4 to 1/2 inch rounds. Dredge in flour..
- Dip rounds in egg wash mixture and then in panko bread crumbs. Separate rounds and make sure they are evenly coved with crumbs. I press down to make sure they adhere well..
- You can add salt while still hot if you choose..
- I deep fry mine but can pan fry..
- Can use pickles, squash or eggplant in place of zucchini. Even string cheese for cheese sticks..
Remember to drain your fried zucchini well however, lifting them out of the pan one by one and. Fried zucchini chips is a popular appetizer usually served at Greek taverns during summer. Combine panko and Parmesan cheese on a plate. Potato chips, tortilla chips, pretty much any sort of salty fried chippity-chip. Baked Zucchini Chips can be stored in a zip bag or airtight container for several weeks… although there's no way they'll last.